Title

Bookmark and Share

 

CM1

The Columbia mine is located in the Goodsprings Mining District, SW of Goodsprings NV, in Clark County. The mine was located in 1886, but one local report states that a prospector, Von Trigger, had located ground and mined 10 tons of copper ore as early as 1880. From 1898 to 1903, when the Columbia and Boss mines were optioned to Emory Hershing and associates, there was some exploration. In 1906, the property was bought for $20,000 by Joseph Dederich.

The principal workings are two shafts about 800 feet apart, totaling about 500 feet in length. Total production from this mine is estimated to be around, 3,000 tons of copper ore.

Glossary of Terms

CM2

CM3

CM4

CM5

CM6

CM7

CM8

CM9

PostingNotice

CopyrightNotice

 

Custom Search

 

Home   |    Ghost Towns   |   Old Mines and Trails   |    Desert Scenery and Wildlife   |    Book Store
©2008 SilverStateGhostTowns.com, All Rights Reserved