Goldyke is located 8 southest of Gabbs NV.
Gold was discovered in the area in 1901, and the Fairplay district was organized in the summer of 1903. The townsite of Goldyke was platted in 1905 and one of the first businesses was a saloon and gambling hall. Other businesses followed including a general store, a barbershop, and a red-light district that was home to more than a dozen prostitutes. A baseball team was organized and played a team from Atwood on Sunday afternoons. The veins turned out to be quite shallow and the town began to fold. The post office closed in 1910, as did the town itself.
The remains of Goldyke are few. At Atwood (one mile north) only one foundation and some broken glass remain.