Title

Bookmark and Share

 

LM1
Lincoln Mine

The Lincoln mine (No. 55, pl. 30) is located on a low ridge adjacent to the wash of Ivanpah Valley, in the Goodsprings Mining District, in Clark County. Five of the seven claims were located by E.W. Lincoln and others in 1905. The total production is estimated around 60 tons of ore. Most of the ore shipped has contained about 12 per cent of copper and 15 ounces of silver to the ton, but one lot of 2,700 pounds shipped by J.A. Egger in 1917, contained 97 ounces of silver to the ton.

The principal working is an inclined shaft 350 feet long, which begins with a slope of 16 degrees, but attains a maximum of 35 degrees near the end.

Glossary of Terms

LM2
Main adit/tunnel

LM3

LM4

LM5

LM6
Another adit/tunnel nearby

LM7

LM8

LM9
Tunnel is not very long

LM10
The remains of a foundation for some kind of structure

LM11
Ivanpah Valley, with Jean in the distance

PostingNotice

CopyrightNotice

 

Custom Search

 

Home   |    Ghost Towns   |   Old Mines and Trails   |    Desert Scenery and Wildlife   |    Book Store
©2008 SilverStateGhostTowns.com, All Rights Reserved