Bellehelen lies about 47 miles southeast of Tonopah.
After discoveries in 1904, Bellehelen emerged in 1905 as an outgrowth of the Silverbow discovery with silver and gold mines in the west flank of the Kawich Range. The camp's best years were 1909-10, when about 500 tent dwellers congregated in the district. The Bellehelen post office opened in 1909, and closed two years later. In 1917, the Pacific States Mining Co. began large operations. That company produced about $117,000 before it merged with the Tonopah-Kawich Co. in 1922 to build a new cyanide mill. This mill ran unsuccessfully and irregularly before shutting down for good in 1927.
A couple stone walls remain.